Talk Of The Town
Talk of the Town with Tom Pace
has a new Internet Website Home on www.shrevetalk.com as a blog & Podcast. Please check in for daily/periodic updates…and e-mail your comments to Tom.
TOM PACE, Executive Editor & General Manager: Shreveport.Com & Bossier.Com
Tom has 42 years media experience.Including: radio, television, print, billboards, and the internet…and, for the past 26 years, a Senior Account Executive for Radio Advertising in the Shreveport-Bossier market. He has served as a speaker for Radio Advertising, as well as a Media Marketing expert to various civic and business organizations around the Ark-La-Tex, including Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs, Sci-Port, Optimists, Shriner’s Hospital for Children.
- Senior Account Executive for Radio Advertising & Marketing
- Certified Radio Marketing Consultant (C.R.M.C.) (since 1987)
- Past contributing writer: Showcase & Southern Hospitality magazines
- Beginning Feb. '05: Contributing Writer/Columnist for City Lights Magazine:
- Wrote a Monthly City Lights Inspirational Column titled "Looking Up"
- Writer, Producer & Host of "Countdown to the Independence Bowl"
- Radio Talk Show Host "Talk of Town with Tom Pace" February 05-October '07 includes writing, producing, hosting, booking guests, coordinating segments that featured top newsmakers across Shreveport/Bossier…Louisiana & The Nation.
- Talk of the Town Guests:Senators Landrieu & Vitter…Congressmen McCrery & Jindal… Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu.. Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco…Kilpatrick Life & Rose Neath Funeral Homes CEO Virginia Shehee…Entertainers like: B.B. King…Liza Minnelli …Ed McMahon…Shelia Ray Charles…Rupert Jee (from The Late Show with David Letterman)…Montel Williams…Musical Composer/Writer/Grammy/Emmy Awards Winner: Marvin Hamlish…Millard Fuller (Habitat for Humanity Founder)…Sen. Bob Dole…Sandy Davis (OEP, NW Louisiana Director Homeland Security) Shreveport Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran…Bossier Fire Cief Sammy Halphen…Mayors Hightower, Dement, Walker, & Glover…Area Legislators…Chamber of Commerce Directors…BPCC Chancellor Tom Carleton…
…and many, many others.
In Short:"Anybody Who's Anybody, has been on Talk of the Town with Tom Pace". Tom Pace’s Community Service Awards include:
- Recipient: 2002 Distinguished Sales & Marketing Executive Award
- Recipient: 2002 Mainstay Independence Bowl Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Recipient 2003 Louisiana Special Olympics Outstanding Media Award
- Past-President (2004) West Shreveport Rotary Club
- Chairman, Media Committee 2002 National Medal Of Honor (MOH) Convention, Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
- As Chairman Of The Media Committee For The 2002 MOH Convention,
- Tom Coordinated The Publicity For All Events Surrounding The September 10-12, 2002 Event…As Well As Creating And Designing The 2002 MOH Event Website (Medalofhonor2002.Com) Along With Television, Radio, Newspaper, And Billboard Marketing Campaigns: Locally, Regionally & Nationally.
- According To Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau, The 2002 CMOH Media Committee Garnered Publicity Valued @ $6.5 Million for Shreveport-Bossier.
- Tom Has Also Served As Host Media Committee Chairman For :
- Miss Teen USA Pageants: 1998, 1999, 2000… And The 1997 Miss Pageant:
- All Telecast Live From Hirsch Coliseum In Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Emcee & Volunteer For Northwest Louisiana Special Olympics Trivia Nite: 2001-2006
- Tom Has Taught Speech Communications, As Well As Radio & TVBroadcasting:
- University Of Arkansas-Little Rock (U.A.L.R.)
- Producer & Reporter For KTHV-TV Channel 11,Little Rock, Arkansas .
- Past Coordinator For Shreveport's Community Action Team (CAT) for MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
- Volunteer For M.D.A. TelethonSince 1981
- Served As A Co-Host For Christian Services Telethon Annual Fund-Raiser,
- Broadcast On Time Warner Cable Citywide Channel 6, (December '04)
- Tom Believes That We Are All Put Here For A Common Purpose:
- "To Help One Another"
Last Modified: December 8, 2008